Fully catered Camping Weekend for families & friends.
Fully Catered Camping Weekend designed for the families and friends living in Cape Town and surrounding areas.
~ Travel in true Overlander style in the big specially designed Overland Camping Safari Truck – spacious with 25 seats
~ Highly experienced crew of Tour Leader, Driver, and Camp Cook will look after you.
~ All the camping equipment is provided
~ What YOU need to bring:
- Your SLEEPING BAG and pillow
- Your favourite drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Your favourite snacks for in between meals.
- Insect repellant, sunscreen, and any medication you use on a regular basis.
We start on FRIDAY
Meet at a central location in Cape Town on Friday afternoon at 14h00. Mount up and head out of the city to your resort less than three hours away. Due to parking constraints, we advise that you travel by Taxi or Uber to and from our meeting point.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and conversation while the crew takes care of the driving. During the drive the Tour Leader will elaborate in more detail on the weekend activity options, share any pertinent information, and some travel stories accumulated over two decades of travel and camping throughout Africa, Ireland, and South America.
On arrival at the campsite, we pitch the tents that are super easy. This may take you all of ten minutes and then you can explore all the wonderful facilities at the resort. Our Cook, with the help of the rest of the crew, will already be hard at work preparing your dinner which we enjoy around the campfire. Relax after dinner and enjoy the beautiful clean air of the Little Karoo.
SATURDAY the day of fun
On Saturday the crew will prepare your cooked breakfast, a light lunch, and dinner while you enjoy the facilities and excursions available at the resort. You have many activities to choose from and don’t forget about the heated Roman Bath. It is a real treat!
SUNDAY we return home
On Sunday morning we prepare an early light continental style breakfast followed by brunch served later in the morning. We will ask you to break up camp and stow all your personal belongings in the safari vehicle before we enjoy brunch. The crew will then pack up the remaining equipment while you enjoy your last swim and get ready for our departure at 13h00 for the drive back to Cape Town. We arrive back in Cape Town at approximately 16h00.
Only R7560.00 for your family of FOUR! (2 adults & 2 children under 15 years old)
Adults – R1985.00 and Children under 15 – R1795.00 per person SHARING
SAVE 10% on the EARLY BIRD OFFER for the first 8 persons to book!
All meals and full use of camping equipment is included.
Rates are Per Person Sharing – Single rates on application – Rates valid for November 2020
EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS!
NOTE: A minimum of TEN persons required booked and paid for the tour to run.
Our packaged tour includes:
- return transport in a big Overland Safari Camping Vehicle from Cape Town to the resort – with R50 million passenger liability insurance
- a qualified and highly experienced crew of Tour Leader, Driver & Safari Cook
- fully catered and inclusive of 6 meals, full use of swimming facilities and water slides at the resort,
- easy payment options by credit card, EFT, or cash.
- excursions and activities booked at the resort
- drinks and alcoholic beverages
- healthcare and personal accident insurance
We will apply all the required protocols for the safety of our guests and the crew involved on the tour as advised by the Ministry of Health. The protocols to be observed and applied are as follows;
- Strict monitoring of personal temperatures at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Keeping a contact and symptom register which everyone is obliged to complete in detail with total honesty.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicle and sanitizer stations will be established around our campsite for regular disinfecting of hands.
- Suitable cloth or medical facemasks to be worn whenever you are within 2 meters of any person except when eating, drinking, or swimming.
- All the equipment will be disinfected by the crew with a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide before being issued to campers.
- All food preparation surfaces and equipment will be disinfected throughout the preparation and food service times.
- Handwashing stations will be established around the food service area.
- The crew will wear their facemasks at all times when within 2 meters of any person and when doing their tasks.
- The crew will wear surgical gloves whenever they handle food.
Basic TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By purchasing this tour package you accept full responsibility for the safekeeping of all your personal belongings.
- By purchasing this tour package you accept full responsibility for your safety, health, and conduct while at the designated resort and campsite.
- All participants undertake to practice full disclosure in terms of all pre-existing health conditions and/or injuries prior to joining the tour.
- The responsible adult(s) take full responsibility for the conduct, behaviour, and safety of all minors in their care for the full duration of the tour.
- The operator Africa Explore Safaris and their employees will take all possible precautions to limit and prevent any injuries, contamination and infection throughout the term of this tour by applying all the COVID-19 Protocols as stated above.
- The operator Africa Explore Safaris undertakes to provide a fully registered, permitted, and insured vehicle for transportation during the tour. Such a vehicle will only be operated by a designated experienced, qualified, and legally licensed driver.
- Africa Explore Safaris and its employees cannot be held liable for any personal loss or injuries sustained on the full duration of the tour.
- Africa Explore Safaris reserves the right to take the required measures to control any and all behaviour deemed to be anti-social, dangerous, and/or offensive to others on the tour and in the resort.
- These basic T’s&C’s form part of the comprehensive Terms and Conditions available for viewing at the link: https://www.africaexploresafaris.com/terms-conditions/
The Weekend Camping Tour package includes;
- Travel in an Overlander Truck fully kitted out with all the equipment necessary for a great weekend break.
- The highly experienced Safari crew that will take care of you is a Tour Leader, Driver, and Safari Cook.
- Five meals cooked by your highly experienced Safari Cook and tea & coffee are included with the meals.
- Use of all equipment and a 2×2 Meter canvas dome tent sleeping two persons and a camp mattress per person.
- All camping fees and travel expenses.
- Full use of the swimming pools, water slides, and heated Roman Bath at the resort.
Excluded on this Weekend Camping Tour;
- Sleeping Bags. You must bring your own sleeping bag.
- Cost of any excursions booked at the resort.
- Drinks and alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own preferred beverages.
- Snacks between meals.
Still can’t process how incredible our trip was
Pat & Jessica C - Phoenix Arizona
After meeting Quinton in Capetown for an incredible day trip in 2018 for a day trip to Stellenbosch wine country and listening to his adventures in East Africa, we immediately put that trip on a shortlist of places to visit in the near future.
So, in the lifting stages of the pandemic, in early 2021, we knew exactly who to reach out to, to FINALLY make this trip happen! Africa Explore Safaris helped us to create our dream trip to Kenya and Tanzania in Sep/Oct 2021. Words can't even explain how magical/ memorable this trip was, a total of 21 days on a private safari. From the designing stage of our dream trip (whatever we wanted, they worked into the schedule) and all throughout the trip itself, Africa Explore Safaris was always just a phone call away and eager to help us however they could.
Especially nice to have a calming/committed voice when you get to the airport and find out the airlines canceled your flight. 🙃 That was our only "issue" on the trip, after that it was smooth and INCREDIBLE sailing the entire way. Both our local guides (1 in each country) were wonderful! Very knowledgeable men with a clear passion for sharing their AMAZING countries with travelers).
Thank you to Quinton and Abby for making this bucket list dream come true! We look forward to traveling to more parts of that beautiful continent in the future. Still need to see those sharks in Gansbaai and get back for whale season in Hermanus! 😉
Just a quick note about the pandemic, since it's on the forefront of many traveller's minds right now. From the US we had to provide a negative PCR test within 3 days of travel (US requirement for most international travel). In Kenya we tested again to be allowed into Tanzania and the same when leaving Tanzania to get back home. These tests were EASY! Quick testing sites at a camp in Serengeti, Tanzania and in Kenya they used a mobile service and the guy actually got in a hazmat suit in our van to perform the test. We got a kick out of that. Both countries had social distancing mandates still in place and left the wearing of masks up to the individual businesses. Everywhere we went staff were wearing masks and in crowded public areas of the camps, we were asked to wear masks when not eating/drinking. We are very careful still, even in our home in Arizona, so none of those was an inconvenience to us. Both countries appear to really care about the safety and wellbeing of tourists and members of the communities we were visiting ... also, I should mention now is a GREAT time to go on safari. 18 months ago the world shut down and the consensus from the locals in each country was that the animals appeared to be less shy around safari vehicles because of it. When you have an expert guide in your truck with almost 20 years of experience who's never seen a leopard in Aberdare and we had 1 just casually stroll down the road towards us. In Tanzania our guide with over 15 years of experience never saw a cheetah kill in person, we witnessed a mom hunt for her 3 cubs right in front of us (like we weren't even there). Both countries had elephants walking right up to our truck basically unbothered, etc.
Our animal experiences were OUT of this world! DON'T LET THE PANDEMIC STOP YOU FROM GOING TO AFRICA. It's open and as magical as you always imagined it to be! 💜
Safari was the Best
Our Safari was the best experience I have ever had. My whole family loved it!
Trip of a lifetime!
We had the most incredible trip of a lifetime! Thank you!
Best Trip Ever
We will always be grateful for you helping us with our flights home during the pandemic.
Most Responsive Travel Company
"My wife and I went on a 12 day trip to South Africa and Victoria Falls. We wanted to have several Safaris, enjoy Cape Town, go shark cage diving to see the Great White sharks, and more in South Africa. Because several activities were weather dependent, we needed a lot of flexibility in our schedule. They, the team at Africa Explore Safaris, achieved that and more. They are the most responsive travel company we have ever dealt with. Quick responses to our emails and questions. Follow-ups to make sure we were enjoying ourselves." -Steve USA
Quinton, The icing on the cake!
Director Of Alumni Relations at Poly Prep Country Day School
August 24, 2020, Donna was a client of Quinton Conroy’s
You are the BEST!
28 April 2019
I am a travel agent in Canada and out of all my research you are one of the best in the business! We are both so excited and read so many good things about you and your company!
Hanna F - OTTAWA