Hiking and Camping in the beautiful Cederberg Region
Join us for THREE nights of camping in the beautiful Cederberg Region bordering on the Northern Cape.
All your camping gear is provided and all the delicious and quite substantial meals are included. The scrumptious meals are prepared by the professional crew that takes care of all your needs while you may relax and enjoy the experience.
There are very exciting trails to explore along the Doring River and you get to view the magnificent Rock Art along the way.
The trails include:
- A short 2 or 5-kilometer taster when we arrive in the afternoon
- The exciting 4-hour trail and the 9-hour trail that we explore on the following days
The hikes are led by a highly experienced and registered Mountain Guide with the assistance of a qualified Nature Guide (depending on the number of hikers in the group). You will be given snacks and fruit to sustain you on the hike and we drink the fresh unspoiled water of the region which is excellent.
Only R4550.00 per person sharing.
Group sizes from 8 to a maximum of 18 hikers.
All meals, conservation fees, and camping fees are included.
Full use of camping equipment is included with secure lock-up facilities for each person.
Rates are Per Person Sharing – Single rates apply with a 10% surcharge –
Rates valid for the summer and autumn season – Minimum numbers required per departure.
EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS!
NOTE: A minimum of EIGHT persons required, booked and paid, for the tour to run.
Our packaged tour includes:
- A special Wine & Rooibos Pairing on the journey from Cape Town to the Cederberg area.
- A visit to the Westcoast Fossil Park on the return journey to Cape Town.
- Fully guided hikes of different lengths planned according to the abilities of the group.
- Return transport in a big Overland Safari Camping Vehicle from Cape Town to the resort – with R50 million passenger liability insurance.
- All the necessary camping equipment
- Services of a qualified and highly experienced crew of Guides, Driver & Safari Cook
- Fully catered and inclusive of 9 meals, full use of swimming and other camp facilities.
- Easy payment options by credit card, EFT, or cash.
- Your sleeping bag and pillow
- Drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Healthcare and personal accident insurance
We will apply all the required protocols for the safety of our guests and the crew involved on the tour as advised by the Ministry of Health. The protocols to be observed and applied are as follows;
- Strict monitoring of personal temperatures at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Keeping a contact and symptom register which everyone is obliged to complete in detail with total honesty.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicle and sanitizer stations will be established around our campsite for regular disinfecting of hands.
- Suitable cloth or medical facemasks to be worn whenever you are within 2 meters of any person except when eating, drinking, or swimming.
- All the equipment will be disinfected by the crew with a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide (or similar) before being issued to campers.
- All food preparation surfaces and equipment will be disinfected throughout the preparation and food service times.
- Handwashing stations will be established around the food service area.
- The crew will wear their facemasks at all times when within 2 meters of any person and when doing their tasks.
- The crew will wear surgical gloves whenever they handle food.
Basic TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By purchasing this tour package you accept full responsibility for the safekeeping of all your personal belongings.
- By purchasing this tour package you accept full responsibility for your safety, health, and conduct while at the designated resort and campsite.
- All participants undertake to practice full disclosure in terms of all pre-existing health conditions and/or injuries prior to joining the tour.
- The responsible adult(s) take full responsibility for the conduct, behaviour, and safety of all minors in their care for the full duration of the tour.
- The operator Africa Explore Safaris, Slackpacker SA, and their employees will take all possible precautions to limit and prevent any injuries, contamination, and infection throughout the term of this tour by applying all the COVID-19 Protocols as stated above.
- The operator Africa Explore Safaris undertakes to provide a fully registered, permitted, and insured vehicle for transportation during the tour. Such a vehicle will only be operated by a designated experienced, qualified, and legally licensed driver.
- Africa Explore Safaris, Slackpacker SA, and its employees cannot be held liable for any personal loss, infections or injuries sustained during the full duration of the tour.
- Africa Explore Safaris reserves the right to take the required measures to control any and all behaviour deemed to be anti-social, dangerous, and/or offensive to others on the tour and in the resort.
- These basic T’s&C’s form part of the comprehensive Terms and Conditions available for viewing at the link: https://www.africaexploresafaris.com/terms-conditions/
The Camping and Hiking Tour package includes;
- A Wine and Rooibos Tea Pairing AND a visit to the West Coast Fossil Park.
- Fully guided hikes.
- Travel in an Overlander Truck fully kitted out with all the equipment necessary for a great experience.
- The highly experienced Safari crew that will take care of you are Guides, Driver, and Safari Cook.
- Nine meals cooked by your highly experienced Safari Cook and tea & coffee are included with the meals.
- Use of all equipment and a 2×2 Meter canvas dome tent sleeping two persons and a camp mattress per person.
- All camping fees, conservation fees and travel expenses.
- Full use of the swimming pools and facilities at the campground.
Excluded on this Camping and Hiking Tour;
- Sleeping Bags and pillows. You must bring your own.
- Cost of any excursions booked at the resort.
- Drinks and alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own preferred beverages.
- Snacks between meals.
Still can’t process how incredible our trip was
Pat & Jessica C - Phoenix Arizona
After meeting Quinton in Capetown for an incredible day trip in 2018 for a day trip to Stellenbosch wine country and listening to his adventures in East Africa, we immediately put that trip on a shortlist of places to visit in the near future.
So, in the lifting stages of the pandemic, in early 2021, we knew exactly who to reach out to, to FINALLY make this trip happen! Africa Explore Safaris helped us to create our dream trip to Kenya and Tanzania in Sep/Oct 2021. Words can't even explain how magical/ memorable this trip was, a total of 21 days on a private safari. From the designing stage of our dream trip (whatever we wanted, they worked into the schedule) and all throughout the trip itself, Africa Explore Safaris was always just a phone call away and eager to help us however they could.
Especially nice to have a calming/committed voice when you get to the airport and find out the airlines canceled your flight. 🙃 That was our only "issue" on the trip, after that it was smooth and INCREDIBLE sailing the entire way. Both our local guides (1 in each country) were wonderful! Very knowledgeable men with a clear passion for sharing their AMAZING countries with travelers).
Thank you to Quinton and Abby for making this bucket list dream come true! We look forward to traveling to more parts of that beautiful continent in the future. Still need to see those sharks in Gansbaai and get back for whale season in Hermanus! 😉
Just a quick note about the pandemic, since it's on the forefront of many traveller's minds right now. From the US we had to provide a negative PCR test within 3 days of travel (US requirement for most international travel). In Kenya we tested again to be allowed into Tanzania and the same when leaving Tanzania to get back home. These tests were EASY! Quick testing sites at a camp in Serengeti, Tanzania and in Kenya they used a mobile service and the guy actually got in a hazmat suit in our van to perform the test. We got a kick out of that. Both countries had social distancing mandates still in place and left the wearing of masks up to the individual businesses. Everywhere we went staff were wearing masks and in crowded public areas of the camps, we were asked to wear masks when not eating/drinking. We are very careful still, even in our home in Arizona, so none of those was an inconvenience to us. Both countries appear to really care about the safety and wellbeing of tourists and members of the communities we were visiting ... also, I should mention now is a GREAT time to go on safari. 18 months ago the world shut down and the consensus from the locals in each country was that the animals appeared to be less shy around safari vehicles because of it. When you have an expert guide in your truck with almost 20 years of experience who's never seen a leopard in Aberdare and we had 1 just casually stroll down the road towards us. In Tanzania our guide with over 15 years of experience never saw a cheetah kill in person, we witnessed a mom hunt for her 3 cubs right in front of us (like we weren't even there). Both countries had elephants walking right up to our truck basically unbothered, etc.
Our animal experiences were OUT of this world! DON'T LET THE PANDEMIC STOP YOU FROM GOING TO AFRICA. It's open and as magical as you always imagined it to be! 💜
Safari was the Best
Our Safari was the best experience I have ever had. My whole family loved it!
Trip of a lifetime!
We had the most incredible trip of a lifetime! Thank you!
Best Trip Ever
We will always be grateful for you helping us with our flights home during the pandemic.
Most Responsive Travel Company
"My wife and I went on a 12 day trip to South Africa and Victoria Falls. We wanted to have several Safaris, enjoy Cape Town, go shark cage diving to see the Great White sharks, and more in South Africa. Because several activities were weather dependent, we needed a lot of flexibility in our schedule. They, the team at Africa Explore Safaris, achieved that and more. They are the most responsive travel company we have ever dealt with. Quick responses to our emails and questions. Follow-ups to make sure we were enjoying ourselves." -Steve USA
Quinton, The icing on the cake!
Director Of Alumni Relations at Poly Prep Country Day School
August 24, 2020, Donna was a client of Quinton Conroy’s
You are the BEST!
28 April 2019
I am a travel agent in Canada and out of all my research you are one of the best in the business! We are both so excited and read so many good things about you and your company!
Hanna F - OTTAWA